CNF Needs Your Help!
2015 has been a record year for Creative Nonfiction, and we've accomplished a lot in the past 11 months:
- We published a special double issue devoted to memoir, as well as issues on the themes of waiting and making a living;
- We released a book about the challenges of treating mental illness and a collection of essays about babies and parenthood;
- We adopted a new, more robust and user-friendly platform for our online courses;
- We held an information-packed, three-day conference that brought 150 writers to Pittsburgh for panels, a pitch slam, and networking events;
- We launched a new three-book project devoted to telling the story of our hometown's rise to national prominence.
- We announced a new series of educational events dedicated to using narrative to defuse the stigma of mental illness.
We have similarly ambitious plans for 2016—and beyond—but we’ll need your help to make it all happen.
For starters, we're planning on moving to a new office—a place of our own! Our exciting vision for this new space includes not only room for more staff and a more productive work flow, but also the creation of a nonfiction literary center here in our hometown of Pittsburgh.
We’re also working on anthologies of new work focused on teachers and siblings; a collection of original contributions from literary icons including Gay Talese, Susan Orlean, Tom Junod, Jonathan Franzen, and others; and magazine issues focused on the weather, marriage, childhood, and learning from nature.
We're doing all of this with just a small, part-time staff and some very dedicated interns. And that’s where you come in. We need your help to make sure CNF continues to grow and mature.
Donations from individuals have played a prominent role in helping our small organization make a big impact.
Now, as we're growing, we need your help more than ever. Your donation in any amount goes directly to offsetting the costs of our many programs.
Give by mail:
Creative Nonfiction Foundation
5501 Walnut Street, Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15232