Help CNF Help Writers!
This year, Creative Nonfiction turned 21—a significant milestone for our little nonprofit.
Actually, we’re not so little any more. We’ve been growing steadily, and 2015 was our best year yet. Last year, individuals like you helped support projects like these:
- a special double issue devoted to memoir, as well as issues on the themes of waiting and making a living. In all, Creative Nonfiction featured the work of more than 50 authors, some of whom had never before been published;
- a book about the challenges of treating mental illness and a collection of original essays about babies and parenthood;
- the adoption of a new, more robust and user-friendly platform for our online courses;
- an information-packed, three-day conference that brought 150 writers to Pittsburgh for panels, a pitch slam, and networking events;
- Writing Pittsburgh, a new three-book project devoted to telling the story of our hometown's rise to national prominence.
We’ve got even bigger things planned for 2016, but we’ll need your help to make it all happen!
Your donation in any amount will help offset the expenses of exciting new projects we’ve got planned for 2016:
- 4 issues of Creative Nonfiction, focusing on The Weather, Marriage, Childhood, and Learning from Nature;
- In Fact Books titles featuring new work by at least 60 writers. This year’s list includes Show Me All Your Scars: True Stories of Living with Mental Illness; new essays about teachers and teaching; and a collection of original stories about siblings;
- four terms of 5- and 10-week online courses—plus some new 4-week intensive courses;
- our fourth annual Creative Nonfiction Writers’ Conference in Pittsburgh. (Save the dates!)
- Writing Away the Stigma, a series of workshops, readings, and educational events dedicated to using narrative to defuse the stigma of mental illness;
- a move to a new office (finally)—a whole building of our own that will give us room for more staff and interns, as well as events;
- a new monthly magazine, True Story, which will feature one exceptional work of nonfiction per month.
- And some other exciting projects we can’t announce just yet—but stay tuned!
We do all of this with just a small, part-time staff and some very dedicated interns and volunteers. That’s where you come in. We need your help to make sure CNF continues to grow and mature.
Donations from individuals have played a prominent role in helping our small organization make a big impact.
Now, as we're growing, we need your help more than ever. Your donation in any amount goes directly to offsetting the costs of our many programs.
Give by mail:
Creative Nonfiction Foundation
5119 Coral Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15224